Sunday, June 14, 2020

I MISS YOU FOR NO REASON

My mind was wandering far away. It stopped in a spot where I keep my mother's picture. It is not like any ordinary picture, it is a picture that suddenly turns itself into a breathing story. She sat there in the sofa where she could be in charge of her small world. I passed her by and she watched me silently with no word spoken. I have never understood her silent language since I used my brain to interpret language. Not until lately did I began to think of it deeply. 
Missing her has made me redirect my thoughts to my heart. I miss her more than any words can say. I think of her with no reason. Love does not need any reason. Love is just a small piece of my heart. I think of her silent language. I thought of those eyes, they were hollow and empty. I have never given any attentions to those eyes. They were there in my mind but I had been ignoring it. I  began to decode the message. This time my heart took control of the process. I suddenly bursted out crying. For  my mother suffered from loneliness. It was like cancer that crushed her heart and gently consumed her bones. 
If only I had a chance to turn the clock back. I would have quit working, I would have stayed with you and spent our time together. I wanted to fill your empty and hollow eyes and turn them into the language of happiness and satisfaction. I love you ma and missing you more than words can explain. 

No comments: