Sunday, February 25, 2018

SLEEPY HEAD, IT'S TIME TO GET UP

I have never experienced a person as diligent as her. She works very hard yet she managed to divide her time between work and study well. She is very, extremely quiet. She works, and works, she studies, and studies. She helps me and I do not see any point of which I need to complain. 
She was thin with curly black hair. She has straighten her hair to make her look like all the girls living in the city. I personally prefer to see her curly hair growing  upward and made her head looks bigger. I like to see her with an identity of her own. Well, it's her hair, not mine, so I have to burried my preference deep down inside my heart and head.
She is from a small vilage in NTT. Through my discussion with her I notice that she hardly ever been raised by her parents. She had to work in a relative's house just to get the opportunity to continue her studies in the high school. It did not sound like a beautiful life to me, but I noticed that she is very thankful of what life has to offer her and loves her family deeply as mentioned in her status in the social media. Every month I have to help her support her family financially.
I compare her to my children and see a big hollow in the way I raise my children.  My children have the opportunity to focus in their studies without worrying about the rest of their life. I call their life an Abracadabra Life. All they have to do is study and the room get cleaned, the food is available on the dining table, and everything what a growing up girl longs to have is there. Despite of being thankful to they always forget to count their blessings and complain. They do not know what struggle really is. Any threat to their comfort life is called problem.
Comparing her to my children is not fair. However it is not a sin that I finally arrived to a conclusion that struggle is healthy to help children growing up. It is a bit too late to put my children into the battle of life, but I really believe that they have to wake up. Sleepy head, it's time to get up. 

No comments: