Sunday, February 25, 2018

I AM ME

I have acquainted myself with the truth ever since I was a child. My parents brought the concept to my awareness when I began to understand that I am part of the reality. Those are the black and white of truth. My mom was the source of truth. She told me what is right and wrong. I perceived the right ones as the truth. That was the simple logic of a child. At that time the definition of truth was so simple.
As I grow up I began to know other sources of truth. The Sunday School, my friends at school or my friends in the neighborhood  were  among them. I began to realize that life is not as simple as I thought it was. Some concept of truth are conflicting. As to overcome my confusion I began to classify the source of truth and at the same time develop my own concept of truth. My interaction with the reality have brought new perspectives and they are my subjective perspectives. Today it is the truth, but tomorrow heaven knows what.
When I began to work I had conflicts with many people, for I have seen that what I believe as the truth are not considered as the truth to others. People began to try to shape my concept of truth. I nodded not because I believe in what they say. I nodded because that was the way to survive at work. I hate myself for being a hypocrite, but I am tired of entering the battle of life. So I let them have their way as long as they did not bother me. I was happy to some extent when I quit working. I could be the real me and believing in my own truth. However I also noticed that my own believe in truth had been exchanged the comfort financial life that I gained from my work.  
Now that I don't work I can put a distance between me and all the stuff of truth. I decide what truth is and I don't have to worry about being accused of making mistakes. So the truth does not live in my consciousness anymore. The truth is now me. 

No comments: